Here it is…My List….Dreams brought to reality…Dreams yet to be lived…
…Bring it On!
My list initially started with these 3 ‘Dreams’…
DONE! August 23rd, 2011. BEST day of my life! The day my mind literally WOKE UP, and this crazy awesome adventure I am now on, commenced! (Racing around Qld Raceway, co-piloting Steve (Jnr) Johnson’s #17 Beast, from Dick Johnson Racing…INSANE!) Being brought up with my family involved in motor racing – it is in my blood, to do this. I ‘missed out’ because of my disability..but I did it, I RACED…MY way!
…after I got out of the V8 Supercar (my #1 Life Dream)…I now knew that I could do absolutely ANYTHING I wanted to in life…so my List grew from just the first three above…to now, an evergrowing list of awesome Dreams I KNOW I will be able to achieve in my life!
2) Life Dream: Interacting with a dolphin
DONE! March 2010 – AMAZING to be able to interact, touch, and play with a beautiful, peaceful but oh-so-cheeky dolphin!
3) Life Dream: Jet-skiing
DONE! September 7, 2013 – AMAZING experience..not only did I get to ride the jetski…I got to drive it myself too! 🙂
I decided to add 3 ’to strive for, physically’ things to my ‘List’ and tick off ‘#79. Undertake a physical challenge and connect it to raising money for charity’, by hosting a Fundraising Event in November, 2012 on the Sunshine Coast Qld, to combine my 3 Fitness Goals listed below, and to raise funds for SBH Qld (Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Qld) – It was an incredibly MAGICAL time, ticking these Goals off my List, and ‘giving back’ to this AMAZING charity who have supported myself and many other children, adults and families, in so many ways!
2. Walking down the beach, hand in hand with ‘a guy/my guy’
3. Climb a mountain
All three of these Fitness Goals were achieved by getting up on my feet, out of my wheelchair, to bring these Dreams to life. I thought, you know what…maybe I CAN do these things, after all (with a lot of support and assistance from others). Who knows, they may just end up happening! If I strive for them, and they just end up being ‘out of reach’ physically….hey, at least I know that I’ve given them a RED HOT GO!! And, after an intense 9 month physical training program (and a lot of mind challenges faced)… I NAILED them!! 😀
Thank you so much to the generosity of the human spirit (through physical/emotional, or financial support), not only were my Fitness Goals achieved in the most amazing way….but there was $3,725 raised for charity.
Video/Blog/Photos of this incredible time in my life, are on this Page…
OK..now onto more Dreams/Fun Stuff…
4. Be in the Studio Audience of a TV show – Done (with the added bonus of being ‘on the Couch’, with the ‘The Circle’ girls and guest hosts) – Done
5. Drive around the iconic Bathurst racetrack
6. Camp/tent overnight on an open plain/desert etc
7. Spend the night in a Haunted House
8. Sand-tabogganing down sand dunes
9. Go to the airport, pick a destination off the flight board, and get on that plane
10. Hug a camel
11. Grow a successful edible garden, without killing it! – *Done, but then it died off 😦 (vegies are ‘seasonal’, right? haha)…have learnt to go with the ‘ebb and flow’ of gardening/plant life (and death!) now! * 🙂
12. Food fight in a restaurant/public place (and raising money for charity at the same time!) – Done
13. Be an extra on a TV show/movie – Done (Neighbours scene) – with plans to do more ‘extra’ work, again – Done
14. Find a waterhole/waterfalls that I am able to access in my wheelchair
15. Volunteer in a ‘premmie ward’ at a hospital for a day
16. Go Whale Watching – Done – this is now a special highlight every year, I go out on the boat at least 1-2x a season!
17. Box with giant/fun boxing gloves – Done
18. Hop on a plane, fly somewhere..stay overnight..then turn around and fly back – Done (my amazing trip to Melbourne VIC in 2012 to tick off 4 Dreams off my List!
19. Ride on a cable car
20. Explore the South Island, NZ
21. Swim/snorkel at an ocean Reef
22. Visit a historical castle in England/Scotland
23. Attend a formal ‘black tie’/ball/red carpet event (not a wedding)
24. Go to a Monster Truck event
25. Meet a ‘Big Cat’ (Tiger, Lion, Panther etc)
26. Mascot for a Day – Done – Dressed up like a chicken to give out food samples, for a local chicken cafe/takeaway..so much fun!
27. Take part in a Hug Patrol – Done (and have enjoyed participating in more – theyre awesome!)
28. Go backstage at a major event/rock concert/show – Done- Big Pineapple Music Festival
29. Observe marine life in their natural environment (the ocean) from a boat – Done. Whale watching/Swimming with Whales, and out on the ocean on various yachts/catamarans several times a year now…LOVE the ocean!
30. Go on a cruise
31. Take a trip on the Tilt Train – Done
32. Watch the V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000 Race live, from Mt Panorama
33. Face to face with a crocodile
34. Inspire others through motivational speaking, sharing my journey with them, also disability awareness etc – (Done, and am doing more…and loving it!)
35. Quadbiking – Done
36. Glamour Photo Shoot – Done (3x), including a lingerie/bedroom Shoot in 2019 which was very, very empowering and healing in what was a tough time in my life
37. Go on a SBH Qld Personal Development Retreat – Done (multiple times, a regular part of my life now)
38. Go on a Womens Personal Development Retreat- Done
39. Fly an aircraft/helicopter myself
40. Own a punching bag to box at home with – Done, this has now become a regular part of my fitness routine/therapy
41. Ride in a Classic car – Done
42. Had a snake wrapped around me – Done, several times. So relaxing and calming!
43. Watch a Cirque de Soleil performance life – Done
44. Use an exercise bike, using my own ‘power’ – Done
45. Day Spa – Done
46. Use a treadmill – Done (for a few seconds, but ‘done’ lol)
47. Fed an elephant – Done
48. Helicopter ride – Done (3x so far…including flying over Queensland Raceway, where this venture of mine all began in 2011 – so special to be above that track!
49. Stay in a hotel in the city, on my own – Done
50. Solo train journey (changing my train fear) – Done
51. Go to a Comedy Festival – Done
52. Rescue an animal – Done
53. White water rafting – Done
54. Ride in an army tank with actual officers – Done
55. Abseiling (assisted/being carried down) – Done
56. Snowball fight/tabogganing down a snowy mountain – Done
57. Create my dream bedroom – Done. I love that I created this, which has now become a sanctuary in my life when I need it to be
58. Hire a Limo for myself and friends, and cruise the Coast on sunset – Done, on my 40th birthday
59. Canoeing – Done
60. Drive a boat – Done
61. Be a tourist in my local area, staying in a local hotel on my own and enjoying ‘being away’ – Done
64. Cat Cuddle Café (or similar cat-cuddle experience)
65. Lawnmower racing
66. Take my Ford out onto a racetrack, to see what shes REALLY capable of!
67. Track down a racer who has handcontrols in his racecar – Done
68. Do a ‘Photo a Day’ Challenge – Done
69. Donate to someone/a family overseas to help improve their quality of life – Done (this has become a regular donation, now
70. Work/Volunteer with a childrens and/or animals organisation – Done
71. Sumo wrestling (inflatable suits)
72. Attend a William Whitecloud workshop – (Author of “The Magician’s Way” a book which has inspired me SO much!) – Done
73. Do a tour through Bowdens Own car collection – Done
74. DJR (Dick Johnson Racing) Workshop Tour – Done
75. DJR Team Mates night – Such a special highlight of my year since my first in 2012!
76. Watch the Dick Johnson Racing/Jim Beam Racing V8 Supercar (and of course Steve Johnson & the gorgeous #17 beast) team race live, at Qld Raceway – Done!
Went back in 2019 to QR to watch Steve race under his newly-formed Team Johnson, in his Mustang in the Touring Car Masters
77. Give ‘Disabled Surfing’ a go – Done (and signed up to go to future DSA Events)
78. Get a Life Drawing done
79. Undertake a physical challenge and connect it to raising money for charity *Fundraising Event held on 2nd November 2012, to combine my 3 Fitness Goals listed above, and raising funds for SBH Qld (Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Qld) – Fitness Goals smashed, over $3000 raised – yeeewww!* 🙂
80. Go camping on my own – either in a tent, or ‘glamping’
81. Go on a ‘photography roadtrip’ – get in the car, and just let the road take me where it will, stopping to take the scenery/sights in along the way
82. Ride on the back of a motorcycle – Done
83. Watch a live major NBL basketball game – Done
84. Visit Phillip Island to view the Penguin Parade
85. Race in a Rallycar (have passengered in a ‘mock/setup’ car through a forest – would love to be in the real thing!)
86. Snorkelling – Done, at the Tangalooma Wrecks
87. Write a message in the sand while Im walking on it, and watch the waves wash it away – Done
88. Abseiling – myself (not being carried down as I’ve done in the past)
89. Model for a day, strutting down a catwalk – Done
90. Swimming with sharks – Done
91. Break a World Record (as part of the crowd) – Done
92. Have more TV experiences (LOVED my experience with Neighbours/The Circle…and also behind the scenes at Shannons Legends of Motorsport up at Bowdens) – either behind the scenes, or on air – love the creative and fun aspect of it all!
93. Dance in the rain – Done
94. Get lost in a maze
95. Be serenaded to – Done! 2019 – randomly serenaded by a local busker on my Birthday!
96. Ride in a Firetruck
97. Be a weather girl on TV news bulletin
98. Help/inspire others to ‘tick’ something off their own List – (ongoing – am enjoying this aspect of my journey!)
99. Create something artistic/creative for my home – mosiacs, ceramics etc – Done
100. Be in a Flash Mob
101. Visit a dairy farm and milk a cow – Done
102. Graveyard at Night
103. Do something that is only ever possible to do once, in a lifetime (so, literally a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ experience).
104. Attend some kind of Spiritual Festival/Ceremony
105. Do something spinechillingly confronting
106. Go on a Wildlife safari
107. Hay Ride
108. Get a tattoo – Done
109. Be at the top of a major Bridge (Sydney Harbour Bridge, Story Bridge in Brisbane etc) – do a fly-over in a helicopter perhaps?
110. Hug a tree – Done
111. Speed Dating – Done
112. Stay silent for an entire week (and not shut myself at home while doing it!)
113. 4WD-ing, across rivers, up hills etc
114. Plant a tree – Done (local conservation project – ongoing)
115. Learn Balloon Twisting
116. Volunteer in an orphanage overseas (eg. Cambodia), with disabled children
117. Get back on a horse, and get over my fear from being bucked off (twice!) when I was younger – Done
118. ‘Give back’ by doing something ‘concrete/material/physical’ for someone/a group of people, supporting them directly, not, from afar – (have had opportunities to do this, which I am loving – hope to have more opportunities to do this again in future) 🙂
119. The Kangaroo Sanctuary Alice Springs
120. Milk a snake of its venom (or at least, be right next to the person doing it)
121. Box/train in an actual boxing ring
122. Box a speedball – Done
123. Visit the Caribbean
124. Messy/Paint Twister
125. Hug a Policeman – Done, a huge thank you to ‘Constable Stud’…lol..
126. Ride on a Tram
127. Go down South to see and photograph the Autumn colours of nature (something I miss, living here in SE Qld!)
128. Photo with a Boy in Blue – DONE! (including being ‘cuffed’ 😉 haha so much fun!)129. Break a World Record (individual)
130. Go for a wander along the beach by myself – Done
132. Parasailing – Done
133. Cooking lesson with Matt Golinski
134. Shoot a ”Glock” weapon (what the police force use) – have shot 3 bullseyes with a 357 revolver…a Glock would be AWESOME!
135. Hotlap with Steve Gealy
136. Gain more confidence in longer distance driving by myself
137. Behind the wheel of a racecar, on a track
138. Go for a flight in a seaplane, taking off/landing on, the water
139. Be a passenger in a car with a stunt driver
140. Ski-ing down a ski slope on a ski-chair
141. 3D movie on the big screen – Done
142. Stand-up Paddleboarding (‘in my own way’…maybe sitting down on the board?)
143. Visit the sunflower fields near Toowoomba
144. Some awesome Drifting/a Burnout as a passenger, in a V8 Supercar/other high-powered car
145. Get a team together and do a fun run/part-marathon type event, (walking on crutches – part walk/part chair), to raise money for charity
– Achieved the 2km distance in the Sunshine Coast Marathon in 2014, raising $2,167 for SBH Qld in the process – THANK YOU to everyone involved in supporting me to achieve this incredible Dream! 🙂
146. Have a go at hitting a baseball with a bat – with no hand/eye co-ordination, this could be interesting! haha
147. Eat Chicken Feet – Done
148. Do a radio ‘gig’ – Done
149. Be a guest host/panellist on radio – Done
150. Visit the snow again – havent been since I was 10yrs old
151. Learn to Meditate – Done/tried. Have learnt that ‘traditional meditation ‘isn’t for me’, but at least trying it on a consistent basis taught me this!
152. See the Milky Way
153. Recreate the ‘running up the stairs’ scene from the Rocky movie…’in my own way’ – Done
154. Circus Performer
155. Boot Camp
156. Go to the ScienCentre in Brisbane – Done
157. Japanese Bath House
158. Volunteer at a Christmas Breakfast/Lunch for the Homeless/Needy
160. Passenger in with Ken Block
161. Attempt to climb an Indoor Rock Wall – Done
162. Attend an outdoor Music Festival – Done
163. Be in a TV commercial
164. Ride in a hovercraft
166. Poker Run in aid of charity – Done…me in my car, and 100+ bikers, travelling through SE Qld country roads & camping – SO much fun!
168. Learn how to Crack a Whip
169. Mystery Flight/Trip – Done (complete with blindfold on, to keep the mystery alive until literally the last minute!)
170. Take part in a Variety/other type of charity Bash
171. Wave the chequered flag at the finish of a motor race
172. Meet the Sunshine Coasts “Fluffy” the emu
173. Hip Hop Class/Dancing – Done, am now attending weekly BodyJam class…which is to Hip Hop – love it!
174. Watch/capture the sunrise at least once a month, for a year – (started Jan 2013 – amazing experience!) 🙂
175. Ride in a Monster Truck
177. Perfect a 3 minute plank (without a break) – *was attempting this in 2017 until losing the function of my arm/surgery to ‘get it back’. 2019, restarting this challenge!
178. Become involved in a turtle care project/watch a ‘baby turtle dash’ down to the ocean, after hatching
179. Walk around a sports/athletic track at a Stadium – Done!
180. Undertake a ‘Tough Mudder’-type outdoor physical challenge (would love to be ‘thrown over the Wall! haha)
181. Have a motorcycle jump/fly over me in a stunt show – Done
182. Demolish a wall of a house/building…’House Rules’ style
183. Build a ‘Whale Tail’ sandcastle on the beach
184. Micro-volunteering online – Done
185. Swim in an ocean pool (sea water pool right beside the ocean)
186. Be taken round a racetrack as a passenger in a classic big ol’ beasty racecar (Touring Car Masters era etc)
187. Hot Air Balloon Flight
188. Stand/sit on the top step of a Podium and spray champagne
189. Ride in a double decker bus (up on top deck)
190. Human Slingshot
191. Belly Dancing
192. Grid Walk at a Supercars event
193. Romantic Gondola ride
194. Sound Therapy
195. Charity Car Show – Done
196. Hotlap with Ryan Story, Team Principal DJR Team Penske
198. See a Tall Ship in person
199. ‘Hillclimb’ up/down sand-dunes/race along the beach, in a car (as a passenger)
200. Hotlap around Mt Panorama, Bathurst
201. Meet a street artist – Done
202. Plate-smashing (Greek-style) – Done, regular ‘Smashes’ at our local Smash Pit
203. Mystery Island
204. Camp/tent overnight on an open plain/desert etc
205. Flight Simulator – Done
206. Write down something I am grateful for, every day for a month (which turned into a year)
207. Variety Santa Fun Run
208. See Coloured Sands in their natural environment
209. Get up to the top of Mount Coolum – Done! After 30yrs of living here and wanting to ‘get my View – I did it in 2017!
210. Find more ways to be creative in my day/life – Done211. Jetboat adrenaline/adventure ride
212. Sunset cruise on a yacht/catamaran – Done
213. Experience the Northern Lights, or Aurora Australis
214. Glowstick/Neon Run
215. Swimming in the ocean beside a boat/yacht
216. Roller/Iceskating (using a frame or some sort of support)
217. Be at a motor racetrack under lights
218. Be in a racecar on snow!
219. Be surrounded by butterflies..have one on me – Done
220. Luge run
221. Experience a 7D Cinema
Snorkel/Swim with humpback whales – Done
223. Hotlap with Chris Bowden
224. Escape Room experience
226. Play in a Ball Pit
227. Flight in a luxury private jet
228. Watch a butterfly come out of its cocoon
229. See a turtle in the ocean/its natural habitat
230. Drive down to Dick Johnson Racing Team Mates Night one year, myself
231. Corporate box at a sporting/other Event
232. Physical Tyre Challenge – Done
233. Offroad bushbashing (V8 buggy-style)
234.Animal Encounter at Wildlife HQ
235. Sit/lay down on a climbing ledge/bench, over the edge of a cliff
236. Sleep in a treehouse
237. Bubble photography – Done
238. Getaway at a Health Spa/Retreat weekend
239. Passenger in with Dick Johnson
240. Attend an Ice Hockey game
Meet a Quokka….the ‘happiest animal on earth’ – Done, such an awesome birthday gift to myself!
Explore forests, go off the beaten track – ‘Shinrin-yoku’ (Forest-bathing) – Done
244. Ride in motorcycle sidecar – Done
245. Dance on a Train
246. Dance on a (flat) Travelator
247. Amusement Park as an adult (bring out my inner child!)
248. Kick a soccer goal
249. Standup Slowdance with Ed Sheeran to his song “Thinking out Loud”
250. Hold a Tarantula
252. Push a gym Tank
253. Ride/Dash Class @ O2 Performance using adaptive equipment
254. Wheelchair Treadmill (different to the standard treadmill which I lasted two seconds on, in the past)
People I’d love to meet:
John Stephenson (the man behind ‘Junior’ the replica #17 Jim Beam Racing Beast)
2. Bob Irwin
3. Dalai Lama
4. Ita Buttrose
5. George “Hollywood” Elliott
6. ‘Ford Racing Alf’ – finally got to meet the furry little alien!…hehe….
7. Sebastian Terry (another bucket-lister) – Met
8. Judge Judy
9. The ‘Hogster’ – Hogs Breath Café mascot
10. Glenn Seton
11. Dick Johnson Racing/Jim Beam Racing photographer
12. Allan Pease13. Bruce and Denise Morcombe
14. Matt Golinski –(a surprise meeting was organized – I had NO idea!)
15. Craig Lowndes
16. Mark “Larko” Larkham
John ‘JB’ Bowe
18. Barry from The Living Room – and get some decorating advice
19. Roger Penske
20. Marcos Ambrose
21. Danny Green
Two things that Chasing my Dreams has also brought to my life, personally….
62. Create my Dream Life – Creating it!
63. Finding my Inner Peace – Found it!
ANY suggestions, or contacts/offers of support to get me towards these Goals, would be MUCH appreciated!
~Keep chasing those Dreams/items on your Bucket List…they WILL change your life!!